Students at the Augustinian Academy in Carthage
The graduating class of the Augustinian Academy (then called the Augustinian Institute), a catholic private school established in 1885. Pictured among the students are Sister M. Gabriel (on right) and Mother Josephine (on left), who led the first order of Sisters to Carthage to establish Catholic education. Photo taken in 1895. Carthage, NY. Photo courtesy of Augustinian Academy’s Heritage Room.
Mary Ann Margrey was the first layperson principal of the school, starting in 2017. Listen to her story here.
North Country Public Radio is not the owner or holder of copyright for any images within the North Country at Work archive. For uses of a photo (other than educational or non-commercial purposes), contact the photo’s institution of origin.