Two men remove bags of fly ash from Five Falls plant in South Colton
Workmen remove bags of Fly Ash at the Five Falls hydro-electric plant in 1955, part of the Niagara Mohawk Power Corporation’s Raquette River development. From Niagara Mohawk News: These bags are placed in truck and hauled to the mixer where the fly ash is combined with cement to make a tough, strong concrete used in dam construction. 1955. South Colton, N.Y. Photo: Colton Historical Society, photo credit to Niagara Mohawk News
North Country Public Radio is not the owner or holder of copyright for any images within the North Country at Work archive. For uses of a photo (other than educational or non-commercial purposes), contact the photo’s institution of origin.