The old covered bridge in Dexter

Known as the old “long” bridge, built in 1848, it was replaced at the turn of the century. Circa 1880s. Photo owned by Addie B. Alverson; donated circa January 10, 1950. On the left is the old grist mill on south side of river. Dexter, NY.

Permissions Statement

North Country Public Radio is not the owner or holder of copyright for any images within the North Country at Work archive. For uses of a photo (other than educational or non-commercial purposes), contact the photo’s institution of origin.