Workers using machinery to build Ranbow Falls Dam
Construction at the Rainbow Falls hydro-electric generating station (completed in 1956), the third plant in Niagara Mohawk Power Corporation’s Raquette River development. Rainbow Falls had the largest dam. Its reservoir covered 700 acres and had the capacity for 700 million cubic feet of water. Circa early 1950s. Town of Clare. Taken by the Niagara Mohawk Power Corporation Central Division Photographic Department. Courtesy of the Colton Historical Society.
North Country Public Radio is not the owner or holder of copyright for any images within the North Country at Work archive. For uses of a photo (other than educational or non-commercial purposes), contact the photo’s institution of origin.