Inside the Cornwall Brothers Store in Alexandria Bay
The interior of the Cornwall Brothers Store. Originally owned by Azariah Walton and Andrew Cornwall, the store was called Walton & Cornwall and then Cornwall & Walton. In 1877, Cornwall’s four sons took over the business. They sold groceries; sundry items; and tickets for the steamer, trolley, and train. The bank was located inside the store for a while, and the vault is in the bedrock of the building. The building is now the Cornwall Brothers Store Museum. 1914. Alexandria Bay, NY. Courtesy of the Alexandria Township Historical Society.
North Country Public Radio is not the owner or holder of copyright for any images within the North Country at Work archive. For uses of a photo (other than educational or non-commercial purposes), contact the photo’s institution of origin.