Pine Camp, now Fort Drum, in the 1930s and 40s
Pine Camp, a military base in Jefferson County, started in 1908. It was renamed Camp Drum in 1951, and finally Fort Drum in 1974. At all stages it was used for winter military training and was home to the 10th Mountain Division. Here is a collection of photos taken at Pine Camp between 1930 and 1950.