Litchfield Castle in Tupper Lake
Litchfield Castle, which was built between 1911-1913 by construction engineer Robert Craig, was owned by Edwin H. Litchfield, a wealthy landowner who bought property to turn into an animal preserve outside Tupper Lake. Litchfield was instrumental in fighting the paper companies that were damming up the Raquette River. Circa 1915. Tupper Lake, NY.
North Country Public Radio is not the owner or holder of copyright for any images within the North Country at Work archive. For uses of a photo (other than educational or non-commercial purposes), contact the photo’s institution of origin.