Fishing guide with his catch in Alexandria Bay
William James Estes opened a boat livery at the west end of Thousand Islands House in 1899. He built most of the boats and skiffs he rented, and was also a fishing guide. Early 1900s. Alexandria Bay, NY. Courtesy of Jim Estes.
North Country Public Radio is not the owner or holder of copyright for any images within the North Country at Work archive. For uses of a photo (other than educational or non-commercial purposes), contact the photo’s institution of origin.