Cooks from the Thousand Islands House in Alexandria Bay
Cooks from the Thousand Islands House. The hotel opened in July 1873, and was torn down after Prohibition and the Depression in 1937. The hotel hired chefs from outside the North Country and brought them into town. Circa 1900. Alexandria Bay, NY. Courtesy of the Alexandria Township Historical Society.
North Country Public Radio is not the owner or holder of copyright for any images within the North Country at Work archive. For uses of a photo (other than educational or non-commercial purposes), contact the photo’s institution of origin.