Construction crew at building site of the Annex of the Potsdam Normal School in Potsdam
Stone workers at Stowell Annex, Main Street in 1888. Work began on a sandstone annex to connect via a corridor to the original Potsdam Normal School building. The annex was named for Dr. Thomas Stowell, an innovative early administrator at the normal school. Part of the new annex contained a gymnasium. Stowell promoted the importance of organized physical activities, and during his tenure the school began sponsoring sports teams. Circa 1888. Potsdam, NY.
North Country Public Radio is not the owner or holder of copyright for any images within the North Country at Work archive. For uses of a photo (other than educational or non-commercial purposes), contact the photo’s institution of origin.