Bulldozer working on Camp Drum construction in Jefferson County
Building Camp Drum, bulldozer with land leveler pictured here. Circa 1941-1942. Fort Drum area.
Note: Pine Plains/Pine Camp started in 1908, became Camp Drum in 1951, and Fort Drum in 1974. At all stages it was used for winter training of military personnel, and became home to the 10th Mountain Division.
North Country Public Radio is not the owner or holder of copyright for any images within the North Country at Work archive. For uses of a photo (other than educational or non-commercial purposes), contact the photo’s institution of origin.