Sweetser & Son Employees in Potsdam
The ladies’ lingerie business Sweetser (sic) & Son opened in 1901 by Thomas M. Greig and developed into the Greig Muslin Underwear Co. The factory was located at 5-7 Maple Street, in the Manley Block on Fall Island. Some years later, G. E. and J. Sweetzer opened their men’s shirt manufacturing business at the same location. The company was financed by 20 Potsdam businessmen, and was managed by Julian P. Heath and Frank L. Perkins (standing, third and fourth from left). The business closed near the end of 1928. May 4, 1925. Potsdam, NY.
North Country Public Radio is not the owner or holder of copyright for any images within the North Country at Work archive. For uses of a photo (other than educational or non-commercial purposes), contact the photo’s institution of origin.