Metal working shop at the SUNY Canton Agricultural and Technology College
In the foreground, a student uses equipment at a forge in the machine shop of what is now known as SUNY Canton. In the background, other students use a drill press and other tools. At the time the college was known as Canton Agricultural and Technological Institute located at St. Lawrence University. It became Canton Ag and Tech (known as Canton ATC) when it moved to its own campus on the west side of the village. Circa 1930. Canton, NY. Courtesy of Greg Kie.
North Country Public Radio is not the owner or holder of copyright for any images within the North Country at Work archive. For uses of a photo (other than educational or non-commercial purposes), contact the photo’s institution of origin.