Tag: store

Four men outside Green’s Market in Saranac Lake

Four men outside Green’s Market in Saranac Lake

Green’s Market, a beloved village institution. It was open from the mid-1920s to the mid-1980s. Circa 1920. Saranac Lake, NY. Photo taken by Charlie Green. Originally printed in the Adirondack Daily Enterprise. Courtesy of Historic Saranac Lake.

Carrying boxes at Don’s Floating Grocery in Saranac Lake

Carrying boxes at Don’s Floating Grocery in Saranac Lake

Don Witherwax’s Floating Grocery delivered groceries by pontoon boat to campers on the lower Saranac lakes. Circa 1966.  Saranac Lake, NY. Originally printed in the Adirondack Daily Enterprise on August 11, 1966. Courtesy of Historic Saranac Lake.

Buildings in downtown Saranac Lake

Buildings in downtown Saranac Lake

A view of storefronts in Saranac Lake. The Sagendorf Restaurant sign can be seen just above the old iron “Broadway Bridge,” and the restaurant appears to have shared space with a taxidermist. The Saranac River runs between Flint’s Pharmacy and the Sagendorf, and Dorsey Street is on its other side before the three-story (Adirondack Pharmacy) and two-story […]

A group outside the Coolidge and Bentley Store in Glens Falls

A group outside the Coolidge and Bentley Store in Glens Falls

Men and children standing in front of the Coolidge and Bentley store on 118 Glen Street, which sold clothing and gentlemens’ furnishings. In the windows are signs for the “Grand Pumpkin Pie Carnival, Sept. 16th.” Piles of large pumpkins are in front of store windows. Next door is the M.B. Little Insurance Co. Fall 1882. Glens […]

Businesses in downtown Glens Falls

Businesses in downtown Glens Falls

A view of the businesses on the side of Warren Street: Kee & Hill grocers, Reuben Peck Drug Store, Harness & Trunks, and Crockery. Circa 1900. Glens Falls, NY. Courtesy of the Chapman Museum.

Employees inside the Norris Factory in Glens Falls

Employees inside the Norris Factory in Glens Falls

Men in the shirtmakers’ shop of the Norris Factory on the corner of Maple and Culvert Streets. Pictured are E. Norris, Varney, Mahoney, and Charles Norris. Circa 1896. Glens Falls, NY. Courtesy of the Chapman Museum.