Carthage Laundry exterior in Carthage
What was formerly known as Parker Laundry was purchased in August 1915 by George Scribner and became the Carthage Laundry. It handled commercial, hotel and family laundry. The main building was located on North School Street near Francis Street. Pictured is the horse-drawn laundry carriage, which picked up and dropped off laundry around town. Photo taken circa 1915-1930. Carthage, NY.
Caption info compiled by Lynn Thornton, Laura Prievo, and Harold Sanderson for the Images of America book Around Carthage and West Carthage.
North Country Public Radio is not the owner or holder of copyright for any images within the North Country at Work archive. For uses of a photo (other than educational or non-commercial purposes), contact the photo’s institution of origin.